Sleeps up to 5 people in 2 bedrooms and a sofa bed.
Gate Cottage is a cosy tile-hung country cottage with a nice sitting room (with open fireplace), a dining room and a kitchen with lovely views.
Gate Cottage was built in about 1911 by my grandfather for ‘Willie the coachman’, and is now a comfortably furnished restful place with a fully fenced garden, making it very suitable for children and dogs.
Approached up a little garden path and through a porch, the ground floor accommodation includes:
- The TV Sitting room with a single 4’ (1.22m) sofa bed, chairs and an open working fireplace.
- The Dining room which can seat up to 6 people.
- The small rear Kitchen, which has a lovely view over the parkland, is fully equipped, including an electric cooker, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, microwave, coffee machine, etc.
- The kitchen door opens out to the garden.
- The Bathroom with bath, electric fitted shower, basin and WC.
The first floor is reached by a steep staircase, and comprises:
- A double bedroom with a 4’6” (1.37 m) double bed.
- A twin bedroom with two 3’ (91 cm) beds.
Gate Cottage Gallery
To explore the entire Pekes Gallery of images, please click this button:
To get in touch with us and view a location map for Pekes Manor, visit the Contact page
Some reviews and comments from recent visitors to Gate Cottage:
Staying at Gate Cottage
“The house was perfect for our stay. The location is absolutely stunning, and having a swimming pool so nearby was perfect. I would recommend, and hope to stay there again in the near future.“
“We had a lovely stay in Gate Cottage. It was very comfortable and cosy. We enjoyed the log fire and jigsaw puzzles and visited the Seven Sisters Cliffs nearby.“
The Perfect Getaway
“The cottage was a great getaway for my friends and me. We had a lovely time at our cottage. We really enjoyed the pool and the Jacuzzi. The cottage itself was full of all the necessary amenities which was very useful. It’s better to have flash lights since its soo dark at night but other than its good.“
A superb stay during Christmas 2019!
“Couldn’t be better. Beautiful swimming pool and tennis lawn and surroundings for making walks. Thank you very much.“
“We stayed at Gate Cottage for my daughter’s birthday party. Kildare could not have been more helpful and friendly and my daughter and her friends had a great time especially in the pool and on the tennis court. Pekes Manor is fabulous and looked amazing in the (limited) June sunshine. I look forward to coming back very soon. Thanks very much.“
1 dog is free, then £10 per dog up to a maximum of 4 total. Dogs must please be on leads outside the house garden.