Sleeps up to 20 people in 8 bedrooms. Pekes is a fine and interesting early Tudor manor house, with many original and period features. There are four bathrooms, a large wood-panelled dining room, a beautiful old kitchen with an Aga, and a sitting room. It has a large private garden space, with a huge lawn ending in enormous yew topiary ducks.
The manor house is our largest, oldest and most historic house. It is on three floors, with oak beam ceilings, panelled rooms, and many beautiful pieces of furniture and interesting pictures. Approached up an old brick path guarded by yews, the picturesque porch opens into an oak-panelled Hall with a beautiful 16th century fireplace. From there you enter the large wood-panelled dining room, with polished wood floor, which has a cosy open fireplace at one end and a large dining table that seats 12, but can be extended to seat up to 26 comfortably. Beyond that there is a comfortable TV room, a kitchen annex for preparing food and washing up (with two sinks, electric cooker, dishwasher, washing machine and large fridge freezer), and finally the large fully-equipped picturesque old kitchen with its original brick floor, oak beams, a huge old working open fireplace, a four-door oil fired Aga and a microwave, with seating for at least 12 people. The kitchen has its own entrance door and looks out over beautiful countryside. There is a WC with facilities for the disabled off the front hall.
Access to the upper floors is by front and back stairs.
The First Floor has 5 charming bedrooms:
- The oak-panelled double bedroom with a 4’ (1.2 m) 4-poster double bed
- The yellow twin bedroom with two 3’3” (1 m) single beds
- The black and white twin bedroom with two 3’ (91 cm) single beds, as well as a folding Z bed.
- The small corner double bedroom with a 4’6” (1.37 m) bed
- The annexed double bedroom with a 4’6” double bed (1.37m) and a small adjoining room with a 3’ (91 cm) divan that can also be used as a dressing or ironing room.
- All bedrooms are accessed by a long corridor, with a bathroom at one end with a bath, basin and WC, and at the other one a bathroom with bath, basin and WC basin and another one with electric shower, basin and WC.
The Second Floor has 3 bedrooms:
- The Old Nursery. A double bedroom with a 4’6” (1.37m) double bed and a 2’6” (76 cm) divan.
- The Night Nursery. A smaller twin bedroom with two 3’ (91 cm) beds.
- The Nannies room. A twin bedroom with two 3’ (91 cm) beds and a 2’6’’ (76 cm) divan.
|Ground Floor||First Floor||Top Floor|
|Manor House & The Wing Combined
This plan illustrates how the Manor House and The Wing can be combined into a single extensive property.
Click the plans above for enlarged views of each floorplan
The Manor Gallery
Sorry no Dogs in the manor house.